CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, September 15, 2008

Generation X stand up and represent!

It occurred to me yesterday at work that in my work environment I am a dying breed. When I first became a nurse there were a few people my age. Michelle, Allison, Shawna, Tisha, Leah. Slowly but surely they have all left except Allison who I never see. I currently work with people who are either at least ten years older than me or at least 6 years younger than me. Most of them the latter. Don't get me wrong, these are some great people but it'd be nice to have something in common with these people besides work. Someone who watched the Cosby show in real time and not in reruns. Someone who remembers Michael Jacksons real face when he was kinda cool, wore jelly shoes and waaaay to many bracelets!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Well, I'm seven years younger than you, but seeing we're so far behind in South Africa, I remember wearing jelly shoes, way too many bracelets and watching the Cosby show when it was eventually allowed here.

Not Michael Jackson though!

Izzy said...

I remember jelly shoes -- my favorite ones were purple :-)